Private client lawyers often assist clients through some of the most difficult life events imaginable. I understand how important it is to provide prompt advice in those circumstances, and to do so in a calm, considerate and clear way. As an immigrant to the UK, I know how complex taxation issues can be, and I have a particular interest in de-mystifying these issues for my clients.
Emma advises individuals on all aspects of private client law including wills, lasting powers of attorney, trusts and estate planning and probate. She is recognised by clients for her calm and organised approach and for providing clear advice in plain English.
Emma qualified as a solicitor in 2020 and joined Russell-Cooke in 2022.
Emma's experience includes:
preparing wills and advising on inheritance tax and wider estate planning
administering estates on behalf of the personal representatives with assets in the UK and overseas, including the US
advising on resealing foreign grants in the UK
preparing and advising on lasting power of attorney and acting as a certificate provider where appropriate
- Studied politics and history at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London followed by the Graduate Diploma in Law at University of Law, London and the Legal Practice Course at BPP University, Cambridge
- Trained at a firm with a strong private client focus in Richmond and joined Russell-Cooke from a large national firm
- Native German speaker
- Affiliate member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member of the Law Society
- Member of STEP special interest groups for Cross-Border Estates and Digital Assets
- Affiliate member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE)