Katie joined Russell-Cooke as a trainee in 2009 and qualified into the real estate team in 2011.
She advises on a wide range of real estate transactions including acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant matters, commercial development and real estate finance. Katie has a particular interest in the retail and leisure sector and has expertise in dealing with high value lettings and complex pre-let agreements.
Her clients include national leisure and fitness operators, developers, pension providers, both off-shore and domestic investors, landlords and tenants.
- Assisting on the acquisition of a shopping centre with over 70 subsidiary interests, achieving exchange and completion within a short deadline
- Acting for a major leisure client as well as a national retailer on new lettings and pre-lets
- Representing a consultancy firm in relocating their head office to a prime London location, involving a complex agreement for lease
- Being part of a team advising on the acquisition of a group of property investment companies which own 99 Kensington High Street, home of the Kensington Roof Gardens
- Representing a pension fund in a multimillion pound acquisition of a long intermediate leasehold interest subject to a major retail letting
- Acting for an offshore investor in the granting of occupational leases and sale of a multi let office building in central London
- Representing a private individual in the refinancing of their substantive mixed use property portfolio
- Acting for institutional landlords in respect of 1954 Act lease renewals as well as tenants
Studied law at the University of Birmingham
Member of the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA)