Pieter is a senior associate in the real estate team.
Pieter acts for a wide variety of clients, from high-net-worth individuals to corporate property trading, investment and development companies. He prides himself on his ability to tailor his advice to meet his client’s specific personal and commercial requirements, and on understanding his client’s business model.
Pieter qualified as a solicitor in 2008 and joined Russell-Cooke in 2017. He became a senior associate in 2018.
- Leading a team of three lawyers advising on the acquisition of a multi-let mixed use building at a purchase price of £4.5 million, structured as a TOGC. Negotiating an extended completion date and a right for the client to apply for prior approval for permitted development of the upper parts to form 50 residential units prior to completion. Subsequently instructed on a ‘back to back’ disposal of the building at a sale price of £5 million, with completion of the disposal being conditional on procuring the surrender of various leases of the upper parts
- Advising on the development of a commercial high street property, comprising a retail ground floor shop with office space above to form a refurbished ground floor retail unit with three residential flats above, including the subsequent letting of the ground floor commercial unit, the sales of the newly completed residential units and the disposal of the freehold interest in the building, subject to the commercial rack rent lease and the lease of the first residential unit only, as part of a Section 5 Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 scheme
- Acting on the acquisition, development and re-sale of a six unit residential development in a prime London location with a development value in excess of £5 million
- Part of a team acting on joint instructions from a lender and borrower on the refinancing of a commercial property portfolio valued at £17 million, comprising 18 properties
- Acting for a property investment company in relation to on-going lettings and property management for a parade of 25 units on a well-known North London high street. Subsequently assisting with the disposal of the portfolio at a sale price of £90 million
- Acting for landlords and tenants in respect of 1954 Act lease renewals
- Acting for a property investment and trading company on the acquisition and disposal of residential properties subject to a wide variety of occupational interests including life interests, regulated, assured and assured short hold tenancies, and occupation by parties with unclear/ambiguous rights of occupation
- Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA)
- Pieter read Law at the University of Reading and subsequently completed his post-graduate legal studies at the College of Law, Guildford