Level: Senior Associate
Benefits: Available upon application
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for an ambitious, professional candidate with excellent academics (ideally 2:1) to join our Private Client team in Putney.
They should be highly motivated and demonstrate experience of a wide range of private client work, with a keen desire to develop their knowledge and practice, including professional private client focused qualifications. We would also expect them to develop and maintain excellent relationships with both clients and with other professionals.
The private client team at Russell-Cooke has a well established reputation and broad experience over the entire sector, including a group focussed on cross border issues. This role is based in our Putney office. Attendance at our other offices in London (Bedford Row) and Kingston will depend on client need. We have an agile working policy which includes working from home for up to 40% of working time each month.
We handle varied and high quality work to include: advising on and drafting wills; estate and inheritance tax planning advice; the administration of estates of varying degrees of complexity; the creation, administration and taxation of trusts; cross-border advice; inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax advice in relation to trusts and estates; advising on mental capacity issues and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Our client base is extremely varied, including high net worth individuals and international clients. Russell-Cooke is a full service law firm and often legal advice is provided to clients by several teams within the firm. Russell-Cooke has a high reputation within the profession and is ofen instructed by other lawyers.
Russell-Cooke offers an excellent opportunity to join a stimulating work environment, working alongside friendly and supportive colleagues. The Private Client Team is client-focused in its approach and offers superb career development opportunities.
Please include the following information when making your application: your current location, why you have chosen to apply to Russell-Cooke, why you are leaving your current employment (if applicable) and your current salary.
Technical skills and expertise
- Conduct of own caseload under line management of supervising partner
- Business development to include networking, article writing, cross-departmental relationship building, developing referrer relationships such as Accountants, Wealth managers etc
- Excellent financial management including time recording and billing to reach annual targets.
- Participation in firm wide cohort and other events
- To provide a high quality service to all Russell-Cooke clients
- To develop and maintain good client relationship skills, gaining clients’ confidence and that of other professionals
- Receive requests for advice from current and potential clients and deciding on the most appropriate responses to make to these requests
- Establishing what needs to be done to solve a client’s problems
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree level 2:1 and ideally commendation at LPC level
- Working towards qualification of a relevant professional body such as STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) or ATT
- Highly numerate, IT literate, with excellent working knowledge of Excel.
Motivation & Competencies
- Evidence of interest in, and commitment to, the success of the firm.
- Relevant experience within a professional services firm.
- Understanding of and commitment to Russell-Cooke’s values and ethos which can be seen at www.russell-cooke.co.uk
- Excellent communication both written and verbal - the role involves liaison with internal and external people at a senior level
- A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, but also work closely with other team members and display trust, loyalty and integrity.
- The successful candidate will be highly organised with an ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner
- Good interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism in all dealings
- Excellent attention to detail and a positive professional attitude
- Must be able to multitask and keep calm under pressure
- The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time to time.
Your career development
Russell-Cooke’s lawyers are rounded professional advisers with strong commercial awareness and a commitment to exceeding client expectations. All our lawyers benefit from our cohort based career development programme. We understand the importance of building an internal network and have developed this excellent cohort programme to allow our lawyers to work together across practice areas and share their knowledge, experiences and networks.
At each stage of your career, and as you move through the cohorts, a bespoke training programme will be provided to support you with your development and progression.
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
We welcome direct applications. If you would like any further information about the firm please contact a member of the HR team.
We have a diverse workforce and aim to attract high calibre applicants who reflect the demography of our geographical location and client base. Individuals will be employed solely on merit and the requirement of the position. No applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender Identity or religion. Reasonable adjustments will be made to eliminate or reduce disadvantage.