Understanding the Charity Commission
In this series of short videos, James Sinclair Taylor and Rachel McCastman discuss the way in which the Charity Commission regulates charities in England and Wales. They explore the Commission’s priorities and concerns, what the regulator expects of charities, and what charities can expect from the regulator. These videos are particularly useful for trustees and senior managers to get a more in-depth understanding of how to meet the Commission’s expectations.
New charity law specialists joining our team
We are delighted to welcome three new lawyers to the charity team: Alison Sadler who specialises in commercial and governance issues, Catherine Maskery who specialises in employment and HR issues, and Sam Morris who specialises in property issues.
Recent and upcoming charity law webinars
- Charity incorporations—why incorporate and key issues (Thursday 7 July 2022)
- Charity Property Post-Covid—making the most of your future (Event has ended)
- Becoming an effective board (Event has ended)
Roundup of recent charity law developments
- Regulatory guidance for charities in relation to the Russia-Ukraine war
- New law unlocks £880 million in dormant assets
- Changes to the Fundraising Preference Service
- Changes to how charitable companies are regulated
- Controversial Elections Act becomes law
- Changes to pension scheme rules could create additional costs for charities
- New DCMS guidance on reporting safeguarding concerns in a charity
- HMRC clarifies that charities can name buildings after donors without tax implications
- Accepting NFT and cryptocurrency donations
- Implementation of the Charities Act 2022
- Reform of the UK's data protection regime
- The dangers of social media
- New training videos for trustees from the Charity Commission
- Changes to the information the Charity Commission collects from charities
- New Chair of the Charity Commission
- Planet vs Profit – rethinking ethical investment policies
- ESG reporting – is your charity missing out?
Get in touch
If you would like to speak with a member of the team you can contact our charity law solicitors by email, by telephone on +44 (0)20 3826 7510 or complete our enquiry form below.