Alex is an associate in the corporate and commercial team.
Since joining the team in March 2017, Alex has gained experience in a broad range of corporate and commercial work across a variety of sectors.
Alex has a growing number of startup clients operating in a variety of fields including finance, software/technology, social media, real estate and recruitment. These businesses require advice in relation to a wide spectrum of matters ranging from investment rounds and shareholder agreements to terms of business and brand / IP protection.
Alex also has particular experience in advising clients which face difficult company law and corporate governance issues, having regularly advised in matters involving contested company meetings and action against incumbent directors.
Corporate experience includes:
- acted for the seller in the sale of an SPV company which owned a prime mixed-use building on Cannon Street, London, a transaction involving multiple jurisdictions
- advised on time-critical bank financing for client purchasing multi-purpose office block in Central London
- assisted the founders of numerous businesses with both seed fundraising and Series A & B investment rounds, and with strategic mergers
Commercial and intellectual property experience includes:
- assisted various businesses with UK and international trade mark registrations in fields ranging from tech, real estate, retail, food/drink, fashion and charity
- advised both companies and third-party developers on protection of IP rights in key software code and methodologies, and provided agreements to document ownership of such rights
- Graduated in English at the University of Exeter
- Completed legal studies at the University of Law