Alex is an associate in the corporate and commercial team.
Since joining the team in March 2017, Alex has gained experience in a broad range of corporate and commercial work across a variety of sectors.
Alex has particular experience assisting clients which face difficult company law and corporate governance issues, having regularly advised in matters involving contested company meetings and action against incumbent directors.
Developing his expertise across a wide spectrum of business affairs, Alex’s work focuses on business and company acquisitions and sales, group restructuring, lending and security, and intellectual property matters.
Alex provides commercial and corporate advice to a growing number of business startups working in a wide variety of fields, including finance, software/technology, social media, real estate and recruitment.
Corporate experience includes:
- acted for the seller in the sale of an SPV company which owned a prime mixed-use building on Cannon Street, London, a transaction involving multiple jurisdictions
- worked with several startup tech companies on seed and angel investment fundraising rounds
- advised on time-critical bank financing for client purchasing multi-purpose office block in Central London
- assisted the founders of numerous early-stage private companies with shareholders agreements and amendments to articles of association
Commercial and intellectual property experience includes:
- assisted various businesses with UK and international trade mark registrations in fields ranging from tech, real estate, retail, food/drink, fashion and charity
- advised both companies and third-party developers on protection of IP rights in key software code and methodologies, and provided agreements to document ownership of such rights
- Graduated in English at the University of Exeter
- Completed legal studies at the University of Law