Amanda is an associate solicitor in the real estate team.
Amanda advises on all aspects of planning law and has acted for a range of clients including major house builders, property developers, NHS Foundation Trusts, schools, pension funds, Investors, local authorities and private individuals.
Examples of Amanda's work include strategic advice on planning applications, negotiating s106 agreements, enforcement, CIL, certificates of lawfulness, assets of community value and the use of Freedom of Information/Environmental Information requests in a planning context.
She has also advised commercial clients on a wide variety of planning issues, including business parks and investment funds.
Amanda has significant experience in conducting major planning appeals and High Court statutory planning challenges.
Amanda worked at a local authority before moving to the City in 2014. She joined Russell-Cooke in 2019.
- Acting for the local authority in the case of R v Del Basso and Goodwin. This key case confirmed that confiscation procedures under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 can be used in planning cases where an offender has benefited financially from a breach of planning control
- Advising a leading independent school on planning and strategic matters relating to the sale of its old school site
- Acted for major developer in Kent to secure planning permission for a comprehensive mixed use development comprising up to 750 residential units, Class B1 floorspace; Class A1 to A5 uses; Primary School; residential institutions, including a building for the Pilgrims Hospices with up to 30 beds and a 60 bed Nursing Home (Class C2) and Community and Leisure Uses
- Acted for a major developer in securing planning permission for the demolition and redevelopment of the Grade II listed former Birds Eye headquarters in Walton-Upon-Thames to provide 375 houses.
- Negotiated the s106 agreement for major redevelopment on behalf of a London NHS Trust
- Acted for an NHS Foundation Trust on the s278 agreement for its major new treatment facility
- Advised a significant London hotel on enforcement proceedings
- Preparing certificates of title on properties worth approximately £700m for a major insurance society which were incorporated into its new £2.7bn UK property fund