Guy is an associate in the property and housing litigation team.
His areas of expertise include commercial landlord and tenant disputes including rent recovery and forfeiture, residential possession proceedings and disputes concerning easements, rights of way and adverse possession.
Guy has a particular interest in tenant insolvency.
Guy trained at a large regional firm and practiced with them on qualification in 2018. He joined Russell-Cooke in 2020.
- Advising a retail chain that had entered a CVA on strategy for resisting section 146 notices served by a landlord that had objected to the CVA
- Advising a landlord on recovering possession from an insolvent franchisee tenant, pursuing guarantors for rent arrears and removing disclaimed goods from the premises
- Residential possession proceedings for private landlords and registered providers of social housing
- Adverse possession claims of registered and unregistered land
Member of the Property Litigation Association
- Studied Philosophy at the University of Southampton, obtaining a 2:1
- Completed the Graduate Diploma in Law at BPP University, graduating with Commendation
- Completed the Legal Practice Course (LPC) at BPP University, graduating with Distinction