Kieran is a partner in the private client group and since qualification he has specialised in private client law, advising families and individuals on matters including estate planning, administration of high-value estates, trust administration and Court of Protection work.
He also deals with issues relating to the elderly and incapacity, powers of attorney, probate and wills, in addition to acting for clients on a range of property issues that arise in the course of private client work.
As a committee member of the Wills and Equity Committee, which plays a leading role in private client law policy, practice and reform; Kieran regularly engages with leading professionals in the private client sector.
Kieran qualified as a solicitor in 2006.
- Administration of a wide variety of estates sensitively and efficiently and implementing post-death tax saving techniques
- Administration of estates with assets situate in other jurisdictions including France, Spain, Ireland, the United States and Jamaica
- Drafting tax efficient wills
- Advising families and individuals in relation to the creation of trusts and lifetime gifts in order to mitigate exposure of their estate to inheritance tax
- Advising individuals with second homes in relation to capital gains tax and private residence relief
- Application to the Court of Protection to appoint a Deputy and to make a Statutory will
- Former President of the Surrey Law Society
- Member of the Wills and Equity Committee of the Law Society of England and Wales
- University of Durham
- Legal Practice Course (LPC), The College of Law, Guildford