Michael is an associate in the commercial litigation team.
Michael advises individuals, partnerships and companies on a range of disputes.
Michael has particular experience of acting on professional negligence matters and general commercial disputes. He has also undertaken work in respect of construction and corporate disputes.
Michael joined Russell-Cooke in October 2018.
Michael has acted for individuals, partnerships and companies in contractual disputes addressing the contested interpretation of contractual terms and debt recovery matters. Examples include:
- acted for an international storage company in proceedings brought by a former customer which were successfully resisted by the company
- instructed by an internet service provider to successfully recover termination fees due under a service contract
- advised an IT software distribution company on claims under a complicated contractual arrangement with an IT software retailer
- advised a multinational security services company in respect of a contractual dispute with its sub-contractor
Professional negligence for individuals and businesses
Michael has acted for individuals and limited liability companies in claims for professional negligence. Examples include:
- assisted an individual in reaching a settlement in a claim against their former conveyancing solicitor in respect of the sale of their property
- advised an individual on a professional negligence claim against their former corporate transaction solicitor, including on whether such a claim might be time-barred due to limitation
Commercial corporate disputes
Michael has advised companies, directors and individuals in respect of disputes between directors and shareholders and aborted share sales. Examples include:
- advised the board of directors of a corporate client on the merits of a claim by a director and shareholder in respect of a breach of directors' duties
- acted for a haulage company in respect of a dispute involving an aborted sale of its shares in a waste management company
Michael read Law at the University of Essex where he obtained a first-class honours degree before completing the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in Guildford.