Sarah is a senior associate solicitor in the children & education law team. She is a specialist lawyer in all aspects of the law relating to children and in education law. She has practised for thirteen years and has a breadth of experience in providing legal and practical advice to assist clients to resolve the complexities of family life.
Sarah is able to advise you on the following:
- securing education, health and care needs assessments
- appeals to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal against local authority decisions
- complaints schools/local authorities
- school admissions, refusal and exclusions
- Equality Act: discrimination
- school transport
- child protection: the powers and duties of a Local Authority's involvement in a child's life. She advises and represents clients in care proceedings. She has particular expertise in cases involving children with Special Educational Needs and care proceedings with an international element
- international children law: relocating with a child abroad either through negotiations or Court proceedings in 'leave to remove' or 'prohibited steps' applications. Acting for both Applicants and Respondents in child abduction Hague Convention/Wardship/Brussels IIR proceedings. She is regularly instructed by the International Child Abduction and Contact Unit (ICACU) and is one the specialist lawyers on this panel
- adoption/fostering: regularly instructed by prospective adopters to secure a legal adoption order. She also advises on step-parent adoptions and Special Guardianship Orders and support packages
- private children law: advising on all arrangements for a child; with whom should they live and spend their time; specific issues such education or medical treatment; issues arising from same sex parenting, surrogacy and parental responsibility
- domestic violence: advising on Non-molestation ('injunctions') and occupation orders
Sarah achieved an Accreditation with the Law Society's Children Law Scheme in 2012 in recognition of her expertise. She is also a Resolution Accredited Specialist in private law children matters and international child abduction. As Children Panel lawyer she represents children in Court proceedings either through their Court appointed CAFCASS Guardians or directly for children themselves. Acting for children provides unique dimension to the advice she is able to provide to all clients.
Sarah is known for her dedication to her clients and for combining technical knowledge of the law with pragmatic, cost sensitive advice. Her hard working approach is driven by her commitment to seeking the best possible outcomes for children and their families.
- "We had a difficult and unique case and after seven years Sarah was the only person to sort everything out and get us the outcome we needed. Brilliant"
- "You do not understand what you have done for me. You are tough and focused and I am just glad that I had you in my corner"
- "Sarah, it has been an absolute pleasure having your support during the past few months. I don't know how I would have got through without your excellent advice and guidance"
- She is described by others in the legal profession as 'really cutting the mustard' being 'very impressive to deal with' and 'very knowledgeable'
- Sarah is a member of the Association for Children Lawyers
- founding member of the Child Abduction Lawyer's Association (CALA)
- Studied Law with European legal studies at the University of Bristol and the University of Caen, France
- Completed her LPC and training at Russell-Cooke