For advice on who to talk to, call
Russell-Cooke now has almost 330 partners and staff, with 66 of them recognised by legal directories The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
In 2015, the firm merged with long-established Kensington and Notting Hill solicitors, Alan Edwards & Co. This merger enhanced Russell-Cooke’s property law practice especially enfranchisement and lease extensions.
The firm moves in to a major office building at 10 Putney Hill.
Russell-Cooke is now a top 100 legal firm with 44 partners and over 230 solicitors and support staff.
2005 saw two mergers with personal injury & clinical negligence specialists Evill & Coleman and the entertainment & media firm Harrison Curtis. 2006 saw a merger with Surrey based solicitors Caporn Campbell, significantly expanding the Kingston Office and introducing new private client services. In 2007 Russell-Cooke Solicitors converts to a limited liability practice, Russell-Cooke LLP.
The firm shortens its name to Russell-Cooke, the first name change for over forty years. A merger with charity law specialists Sinclair Taylor & Martin further broadens the firms areas of expertise. Major refurbishment works were carried out at 2 Putney Hill to enhance meeting room facilities.
The firm acquires the Grade 2 listed premises of 8 Bedford Row from the Princes Trust, moving out 11 Old Square, where it has been based for over a century.
After eighty years occupying the upper floors of 2 Putney Hill, the firm takes over the ground floor from the national Westminster Bank.
With Edward Chapman's son Lewin as senior partner the firm continues to grow, with a new focus on business and institutional clients. Coverage of SW London widens with opening of a new office in Kingston-upon-Thames.
The firm grows rapidly developing a thriving real estate department run by Ernest Chapman, who also attracts a number of well known clients from the worlds of pop and entertainment.
The two firms merge to form Russell-Cooke, Potter and Chapman as senior partner.
Russell-Cooke finds it difficult to re-establish its practice after the war and becomes more closely associated with Sloper, Potter and Chapman. Edward Chapman becomes a partner of both firms.
Edward Collingwood Chapman
The two firms are linked by Russell-Cooke solicitor Edward Chapman; he leaves to join Sloper, Potter and Gosden(soon to be Sloper, Potter & Chapman), but keeps up connections with his old firm.
John Charles Potter
The solid suburban firm of Sloper, Potter & Gosden moves into the upper floors of the newly built London & County bank building at 2 Putney Hill, SW15.
2 Putney Hill 1905 prior to construction of the bank
2 Putney Hill 1906
Russell-Cooke moves into 11 Old Square, Lincoln's Inn, which the firm will continue to occupy until 1997. Clients include the Liberal Party, then the main party of opposition.
William Russell-Cooke and his brother Sir Henry Paget Cooke set up in practice, Sir Henry's connections providing a steady stream of aristocratic clients.
Sir Henry Paget Cooke