Many people (a couple, family members or friends) own their home jointly and upon separation it is not uncommon for disputes about ownership to arise.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as a ‘common law’ marriage - unmarried couples do not have the same claims against each other’s finances upon separation as married couples.

When separating, it is important for you to have a clear understanding of your rights and the options available to you.

We advise on all types of property disputes and have considerable experience in all aspects of the law in this area, specifically the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996, which enables the court to determine the extent of each party’s interest in the land or property and how that interest is dealt with.

All of our solicitors are members of Resolution and are committed to taking a non-confrontational approach. We always look to achieve the best possible outcome for you, whilst ensuring that the family’s interests are considered as a priority.

Whatever your circumstances and your priorities, our clear and practical advice will help you achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family.

If you would like to speak with a member of the team you can contact our family law solicitors; Holborn office 020 3826 7526; Kingston office 020 3826 7527 or Putney office 020 3826 7520 or complete our enquiry form.

Our hourly rates are competitive, offering value for money. 

Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.