How do I prove my house is insurable? - The Sunday Times

Morris John, Partner in the Russell-Cooke Solicitors, property law and conveyancing team.
Morris John
1 min Read

"I am in the process of selling my house, which was underpinned during the winter of 2000/01. I never received any paperwork confirming that this work had been carried out correctly. While the insurance company is satisfied with the works, the prospective purchasers want the appropriate paperwork. What should I do to
convince them?"

Russell-Cooke partner Morris John answers a reader's question in the Home Help section of The Sunday Times and reiterates the importance of staying on top of your paperwork, especially when dealing with third parties.

'How do I prove my house is insurable?' is available to read in The Sunday Times via subscription or here.

Morris is a partner in the Residential Property Group.

He specialises in all aspects of residential conveyancing, acting for a broad range of clients from first-time buyers to seasoned investors and developers. He acts regularly for solicitors of other firms.

In the press Individuals & families Russell-Cooke The Sunday Times Morris John Home Help residential property buying selling conveyancing