When it all goes wrong!
Life often surprises us with the unexpected. We are here to help you have peace of mind that your affairs are in the best order, but also for when life does not go as planned. Whether it is a relationship breakdown, the loss of a loved one or the loss of your mental capacity, we can help. Our expert Trusts and Estates Dispute team specialise in inheritance and trust disputes, which are arising more often and can be devastating for families.
Private client update articles–February 2022
- It’s not you, it’s me…getting your affairs in order after relationship breakdown
- What happens if you lose mental capacity and you haven’t made a lasting power of attorney?
- Whole or half blood? Intestacy: the potential pitfalls of not writing a will
- Lost! Missing beneficiaries–what can you do?
- Safety deposit boxes…what’s in the box?
- Inheritance disputes–common situations in which disputes occur
We wish Fiona MacDonald all the best as she retires from the Kingston office after many years. We are always looking for excellent private client lawyers to join our vibrant teams in Putney and Kingston. View our Careers page for more information.
Useful private client information
- Simplification of the probate process: good news for many but there are still bumps in the road
- The fall of the LPA?
- Andrew Godfrey reappointed as Chair of STEP Cross-Border Estates Global Special Interest Group Steering Committee
- Should I update my will?
Private client team in the news
- Kieran Bowe, gives 'sound advice of the day' to Nicky Patrick of BBC Radio Surrey.
- Rebecca Fisher in Citywealth–Family business succession: “Neither life nor success can be taken for granted.
- Suzanne Mynors speaks to Darling Magazine on creating a healthy work-life balance.
- Anouksha Patel–Acceptance in Lieu & Cultural Gifts Scheme article