Regulatory and reputational issues often have unforeseen and complex impacts on various elements of modern life. My role is to bring resolution to the issues that my clients face within their personal and/or professional lives to ensure that any impact is minimised and their interests are protected at all times.
Matt specialises in professional disciplinary, financial regulatory and reputation management matters. He also advises on the protection of intellectual property rights and copyright in all jurisdictions.
He advises clients on matter involving regulatory offences and the protection of intellectual property rights. He regularly advises individuals, businesses and organisations as to the most effective investigation and protection procedures.
Reputation management advice and assistance is given to individuals and organisations alike. He is involved in resolving sensitive and potentially inflammatory situations to allow his clients to retain their privacy. Clients that regularly seek advice and representation range from sectors as diverse as politics, entertainment, sport and international business.
Matt has Higher Rights of Audience to appear as an advocate in all courts. He regularly acts as an advocate in disciplinary and regulatory proceedings before disciplinary and appeal tribunals.
Matt has been listed in Chambers UK and The Legal 500 since 2009 as a leader in the fields of professional discipline and sports law.
His commerciality and technical skills make him someone I regularly approach with professional discipline matters.
- UK mission enterprise Ltd v Lendvai  EWHC 3613 (QB): Injunction granted to stop ex-employee disclosing confidential information in reputation management case
- Albert Court (Westminster) Management Co Ltd v Fetaimia  EWHC 1657 (QB): Injunction granted to stop tenants harassing property management company directors and employees
- Sky Limited & Others v Nancy Maxwell  IP-2022-000009: Injunction prohibiting an operator of multiple venues from showing Sky programming without the correct commercial contracts with Sky or be in contempt
- Lidl UK: Appointed as the independent service provider for their online regulation compliance reporting systems and whistleblower policy
He knows what is likely to cause issues and so gives advice to help with that. He is my go-to person when I have regulatory issues.
- Member of the Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- Member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)
- Member of the City of Westminster and Holborn law Society (CWHLS)
- Member of the Private Prosecutors' Association
Matt Bosworth always has an eye to the reputation management aspects, and has no peer in ensuring cases go under the radar where possible.
Russell-Cooke reputation team secures injunction in Albert Court harassment case
Protection from Harrassment Act 1997 in action in recent Albert Court case
Russell-Cooke secures an injunction for Sky in copyright dispute