I have over 40 years’ experience dealing with a variety of property related matters including residential development, commercial property, agricultural and farming estates, sports and leisure including golf courses. I seek to find a practical solution to achieve a satisfactory deal rather than to score legal technical points.
Paul joined Russell-Cooke in 2000 following the merger with Evill & Coleman. He is a chartered legal executive and Commissioner of Oaths, with over 40 years’ experience as a property lawyer.
Paul advises in all areas of property law, acting mainly for developers on site acquisitions and the sale of new builds.
His breadth of experience includes advising on agricultural property, golf courses, solar parks, telecommunication masts and houseboats.
Paul has presented at several seminars including, 'top ten tips for developers', 'licences to assign, underlet and alterations' and 'planning and the use classes order'. He has also spoken externally to landlords on the legal aspects of buy to let properties and at several Cilex national conferences and wrote and presented a training webinar on houseboats and riparian law.
- Acting for developers on acquisitions, disposals and site formations, using conditional contracts, options and promotional agreements to acquire land subject to planning, including infrastructure and planning obligation documents
- Sub-sales and assignment of contracts in cases where development sites are surplus to a developer's requirements
- The sale and purchase of high value houseboats and the writer and presenter of a training webinar on houseboats and riparian law
- Advising farmers and estates owners on farm acquisitions and disposals along with diversification of land, including barn lettings, solar energy park, fishery, woodlands
- Advising upon the property issues and negotiations for the state of the art veterinary centre as seen in the television series ‘Supervet’
- Advising golf clubs and other sports and leisure clubs with regards to all property matters including, leases, sales and purchases
- Member of the Agricultural Law Association
- Member and former national council member and president of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives