I enjoy working alongside and as an integral part of our clients' businesses as it is not only really interesting but also helps ensure that the clients' objectives are met in a timely and efficient manner.
Robert has extensive experience of a broad range of transactional commercial property work acting on behalf of institutional property owners, investors, occupiers and developers.
As well as advising on the sale, purchase and letting of high value commercial, leisure and retail centres, Robert has acted on the acquisition and disposal of development sites and associated conditional contracts (together with the necessary funding arrangements).
Robert's knowledge includes all areas of landlord and tenant work with particular expertise in acting for both landlords and tenants in conditional letting agreements. Robert has also represented numerous clients in refinancing property portfolios and funding developments as well as advising on the launch of the UK's largest property investment fund.
Robert qualified in 2002 and, after gaining considerable experience at a niche commercial property firm in the City, joined Russell-Cooke in 2019.
- Acting for an institutional pension fund in the creation and launch of the UK's largest property investment fund valued in 2017 at approximately £2.7 billion
- Refinancing a £90 million property portfolio consisting of six business parks used as serviced office accommodation with several hundred occupational licences
- Advising on numerous disposals and acquisitions of multi-tenanted estates with values ranging from £10-90 million and with a particular focus on the retail sector
- Advising on a large number of high value pre-letting agreements conditional on securing planning, completion of development works and/or vacant possession
- Facilitating the letting to national retailers of a large number of shop stores throughout the UK, including re-gears of existing leases, sale and leasebacks and general asset management work
Levelling Up and Regeneration Bill 2022 – compulsory rental auctions on the High Street
The Economic Crime (Transparency and Enforcement) Act 2022 – the implications for real estate owners
Russell-Cooke advises Viewranks Estates on innovative c£60m co-living scheme in Kingston