Scott is a corporate lawyer who advises on a wide range of corporate transactions and joint venture arrangements, with particular expertise in the property sector and advising barristers’ chambers.
Scott is a chartered tax adviser. He advises entrepreneurs, owner managed businesses, SMEs and professional service providers across a range of sectors.
Transactional advice: advising on company and business sales and purchases and corporate fundraising
Scott also regularly advises on group reorganisations and restructuring, including demergers
Corporate real estate: Scott has particular expertise in corporate real estate, working closely with the real estate team. This includes acting on the sale and purchase of property SPVs as well as advice on property joint ventures, property investment vehicles and real estate finance
Professional services: extensive experience of advising barristers’ chambers. Areas of expertise include establishing structures for acquiring and holding chambers premises and advice on corporate governance including service companies and chambers’ constitutional arrangements
Scott also advises accountants, architects, solicitors and other professional practices
Employee incentives: regularly advises on the establishment of employee incentive schemes for SME's, including growth share and EMI arrangements
Lending and security: advises both lenders and borrowers in relation to secured and unsecured lending arrangements across a range of sectors
Particular areas of expertise are advising property investment and development companies on their funding arrangements with institutional lenders and acting for lenders providing funding for property developments.
Scott Leonard is a delight to work with. He makes law understandable to the lay person. His attention to detail is second to none and he always provides sound practical advice.
- Advising a boutique hotel operator in connection with the acquisition finance for their hotel purchases
- Advising a substantial property investment group on the acquisition of various family owned property investment companies
- Acting for the seller, of the entire issued share capital, of an Isle of Man SPV which owned the freehold of a substantial office building in central London
- Advising the founder shareholder in connection with the sale of Lagoni Engineering Limited, a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy and technical services firm focused on the energy industry, to Belcan, LLC
- Advising the sellers of UK based research company Kadence International to Japanese listed company, Cross Marketing Group
- Advising the Ilchester Estate in connection with its joint venture arrangements with Chelsfield Plc, for the development of the Holland Green site in Kensington
Scott Leonard gives exceptional advice and more importantly, has always been available and accessible to give that advice. With events unfolding so swiftly, Scott’s support has been essential in our venture becoming a success.
Contributed to The Law of Legal Services by John Gould and published by Jordans