Alex is a senior associate in the private client team advising individuals on wills and estate planning, the administration of estates, creating and administering trusts and creating and administering Powers of Attorney.
Alex has a degree in French and Spanish from the University of Nottingham. Before training as a solicitor she worked at the British Council in London for five years. Her time at the British Council included a short posting in Almaty Kazakhstan.
Alex trained as a solicitor at a London law firm and qualified into their private client department in May 2010. She joined Russell-Cooke in July 2014.
- Wills and estate planning – advising on creating new wills and amending existing wills to suit a huge variety of individual circumstances, including how foreign assets, business or agricultural assets and trust assets might be dealt with in a will. Alex has also provided advice on how to mitigate the effects of Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax both through lifetime giving and using a will. Alex's experience of dealing with estates after death has allowed her to provide clients with an essential understanding of how their decisions will affect those around them
- Trusts – giving advice on creating trusts, both in lifetime or in a will, drafting documentation relating to trusts and advising trustees on their responsibilities in administering trusts, dealing with the tax consequences and bringing trusts to an end
- Estate administration or probate – helping a large number of executors and administrators (where there is no will) in dealing with the deceased's estate of varying sizes and structures. Clients have commented that Alex's approach makes a difficult process infinitely easier and where complexities arise Alex is able to navigate them through in a way that is both accessible and efficient
- Powers of Attorney – creating and registering Lasting Powers of Attorney, registering Enduring Powers of Attorney, applying for Deputyships and advising on general Powers of Attorney – Alex has also helped attorneys with managing a donor's affairs under a Lasting Power of Attorney, Enduring Power of Attorney and Deputyship
- Russell-Cooke Trust Company (RCTC) – RCTC – Helping when there is a dispute between executors (find out more)
Alex is a member of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP)