Pauline is an associate in the property and housing litigation team.
She specialises in property dispute resolution and provides effective solutions for clients who encounter issues with a property element.
She advises businesses, charities and individuals on property disputes and avoidance. Her expertise spans across long leasehold and block management issues such as breaches of covenants and service charges disputes including applications for determination of reasonableness of service charges and appointment of managers. Following her recent work on the Grenfell Tower Fire Public Inquiry, her residential property caseload increasingly involves cladding remediation and building fire safety works in high rise blocks with a focus on representing groups of leaseholders and right to manage companies.
She also acts for clients in boundary and development disputes covering restrictive covenant, easement, trespass and nuisance.
Pauline ensures all avenues are explored in assisting her clients to achieve their goals in potentially contentious situations whilst avoiding disputes. This includes working closely with clients to develop strategies in order to minimise their exposure at the outset. However, where circumstances require, Pauline is also well equipped to advance her clients' position robustly.
Pauline trained and qualified with a property litigation specialist firm in the city of London in 2004 and became a partner of a London firm in 2009. She subsequently took a sabbatical and since has worked, amongst other things, on the Grenfell Tower Fire Public Inquiry for some of the bereaved, survivors and residents since 2019 with a leading human rights firm in the city of London. She joined Russell-Cooke in 2021.
- Advised a number of groups of leaseholders in cladding remediation and building safety work related issues and successfully preserving their position in completing standstill agreements with opponents including developers and freeholders.
- Acted successfully for a Rent Act tenant in the Court of Appeal.
- Acted successfully for a freeholder and managing agent in resisting leaseholders’ application to appoint a manager in the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal.
- Acted successfully for a developer in a dispute relating to restrictive covenant and easement resulting in a satisfactory settlement.
- Member of the Property Litigation Association