My neighbour has damaged my tree. What can I do?—The Sunday Times

Ed Cracknell, Partner in the Russell-Cooke Solicitors, property litigation team.
Ed Cracknell
1 min Read
I suspect it would probably be best not to pursue the claim at all, but if you are minded to do so, you should start by writing to your neighbour, threatening to apply to court for damages and inviting them to pay the cost of a replacement tree.

In The Sunday Times Home Help column, partner Ed Cracknell shares some advice on how to navigate a dispute over a tree damaged by a neighbour.

Ed is a partner in the property litigation team. His areas of expertise include landlord and tenant disputes, business lease renewals, rent and service charge recovery, possession proceedings, and dilapidations claims.

Get in touch

If you would like to speak with a member of the team you can contact our property litigation solicitors by email, by telephone on +44 (0)20 3826 7525 or complete our enquiry form below.

In the press Property litigation property litigation dispute resolution property dispute