Proceedings concerning children can often be very stressful and worrying. The decisions that are made have a huge impact on everyone concerned, and in particular the child. I always keep this in mind when representing clients and ensure that I provide pragmatic advice in order to achieve the best outcomes possible.
Amy joined Russell-Cooke in 2023.
Amy specialises in family law and is particularly experienced in representing parents, children and other family members in both private and public law proceedings.
Amy is able to advise on all areas in private law proceedings, including disputes over the care arrangements for a child and advising in matters concerning allegations of domestic abuse and parental alienation.
In public law proceedings Amy is experienced in dealing with highly sensitive and complex cases, including cases involving concerns surrounding mental health, drug abuse, non-accidental injury, allegations of sexual abuse and deprivation of liberty.
Amy is also able to advise and represent clients in applications for both international and national relocation, as well as urgent cases concerning child abduction.
Amy is known for ensuring that her clients understand exactly what their options are and for making sure that they feel listened to and heard in what are often highly emotive and complex proceedings.
- Representing a child in public law proceedings, which involved an application by the hospital he was in seeking an order to refuse treatment.
- Representing a child in a complex non accidental injury case involving five experts
- Representing a father in which serious allegations were made however upon pursuing police disclosure it was established that there was no evidence to support the allegations.
- Successfully representing a family member in defending unfounded findings sought
- Studied Law at Hull University
- Guildford University of Law – LPC
- Member of the Law Society’s Children Panel
- Member of the Association of Lawyers for Children
- Member of the National Association of Guardians Ad Litem and Reporting Officers
- Member of Resolution and treasurer for Surrey Resolution