Maria specialises in all aspects of private family law including divorce, financial disputes, pre and post nuptial agreements and children matters
Maria is a member of Resolution and whilst she is committed to resolving matters outside of the court process where possible, she is also experienced in advising clients through contested litigation and other alternative dispute resolution processes.
Maria seeks to adopt a pragmatic approach to her cases, helping clients to identify the right process for them in order to resolve their case in their best interests and as expeditiously and cost effectively as possible.
Maria trained and subsequently qualified into boutique family law firms where she worked on complex financial matters, nuptial agreements and disputes between parents. Maria qualified in August 2021 and joined Russell-Cooke in June 2023.
- Assisted on financial remedy proceedings which had an international element with complex business structures and overseas assets.
- Assisted on financial remedy proceedings where there is a jurisdiction dispute.
Education and Qualification
- Read English at Nottingham University
- Studied the Graduate Diploma in law and accelerated Legal Practice Course at BPP University.
- A member of Resolution, an organisation of family lawyers focused on achieving family and child focused resolutions to disputes, and Young Resolution.
Being civil, or to mediate or not to mediate: what are the risks of refusal?—Thought Leaders 4
Getting ‘real’ as a trainee in real estate law
What really goes on in the family courts?