Matt leads the real estate team. He is known for having a pro-active, commercial approach and able to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
Matt advises clients on a range of real estate transactions including investment acquisitions and disposals, premises acquisitions for major retail clients, landlord and tenant matters, development and real estate finance. Matt also has experience in dealing with complex portfolio transactions.
Matt joined Russell-Cooke in 2005 and became a partner in 2013.
Matt Garrod is very personable, with an excellent commercial attitude.
- Advising a private overseas investor on the acquisition of a prime Mayfair asset, Stratton House, for £166 million, exchanging within seven working days of instruction
- Acting on behalf of a UK fund specialising in multi-let industrial estates on the disposal of a portfolio of ten properties for a total sale price of £62 million
- Leading a team on the acquisition of a prime London commercial property (a mix of retail, leisure and office use) in the heart of the City of London for a purchase price of £34.75 million
- Advising Pret A Manger and Wasabi on various premises acquisitions and portfolio re-gears
- Representing the landlord of a prominent building in the West End in the surrender of an existing lease and new letting to a high quality international burger chain at an initial rent of £1.55 million per annum
- Member of the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA)
- Member of the City of Westminster and Holborn Law Society
The three Rs for family offices: reputation, regulation and real estate
Landlords bemoan extension of commercial evictions ban - Property Week
An opportune moment to carry out a family audit: Generation Game, a Russell-Cooke Family Office report