Andrew is an associate solicitor in the trust and estate disputes team.
Andrew acts for both claimants and defendants in relation to a range of disputes, including claims made pursuant to the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 ('the 1975 Act'), domicile disputes, will challenges, will construction and rectification claims, claims concerning the beneficial ownership of property and trust, estate and administration issues.
He is recognised in The Legal 500 (2017) and is an associate member of ACTAPS (Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists).
Andrew joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in September 2014, and qualified into the trust and estate disputes team in September 2016.
- 1975 Act Claims:
- minor children - acting for a minor child defending a claim pursuant to the 1975 Act, involving paternity issues and an administration dispute
- adult children - acting for an adult child bringing a claim pursuant to the 1975 Act, which was outside the six month time limit. The dispute settled during proceedings
- spouses - acting for a spouse bringing a claim pursuant to the 1975 Act. The estate including extensive and valuable chattels and development land. The matter settled following mediation
- Domicile disputes - acting for an unmarried partner bringing a claim pursuant to the 1975 Act, where there was a dispute as to the domicile of the deceased. The matter settled at mediation.
- Beneficial interests - acting for the legal owner of a property defending a claim concerning the beneficial ownership of property and, simultaneously, a 1975 Act claim. The matter settled following mediation.
- Construction and Rectification - acting for executors and trustees in a claim concerning the interpretation and rectification of the deceased's will.
- Will challenges - Acting for an adult child challenging the validity of her late father's will. The dispute settled during before proceedings were issued.
- Insolvent estates - Acting for the executors of an insolvent estate to settle liabilities with a creditor. An agreement was reached with the creditor.
- Claims against the estate - acting for the executor in a debt claim brought against the deceased's estate. The disputed settled at mediation.
- Disputed lifetime transactions - acting for the child of the Deceased who brought a claim to challenge the validity of the lifetime transfer of her mother's property. The matter settled during proceedings.
- Court of Protection - acting for the financial and property affairs deputy in a health and welfare application in the Court of Protection to determine where P should reside and receive care. The application settled during proceedings.
- Associate member of ACTAPS (Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists).
- Andrew studied at the University of Durham, before graduating with Distinction in the Legal Practice Course.
- Prior to joining Russell-Cooke, Andrew worked as a teacher in China and as a paralegal at a firm in London with expertise in commercial litigation and business crime.