Andrew is an associate solicitor in the trust and estate disputes team.
Andrew acts for both claimants and defendants in relation to a range of disputes, including claims made pursuant to the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 ('the 1975 Act'), domicile disputes, will challenges, applications in the Court of Protection and trust, estate and administration issues.
Andrew joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in September 2014, and qualified into the trust and estate disputes team in September 2016. During his training, he also spent time in the firm’s property litigation, real estate and matrimonial departments.
- acting for a Claimant (an adult child) bringing a claim pursuant to the 1975 Act, which was outside the six month time limit. The dispute settled during proceedings
- acting for a Claimant (long-term spouse) bringing a claim pursuant to the 1975 Act. The estate including extensive and valuable chattels and development land. The matter settled following mediation
- acting for a Claimant (long-term partner) bringing a claim pursuant to 1975 Act where there was a dispute as to the domicile of the deceased. The matter settled at mediation
- acting for an adult child defending a potential claim pursuant to the 1975 Act
- acting for a child challenging his late mother’s will, which directed the bulk of her estate to charity
- acting for the executor in a debt claim brought against the deceased’s estate, which settled at mediation
- acting for the financial and property affairs deputy in a health and welfare application in the Court of Protection to determine where P should reside and receive care. The application settled during proceedings
- acting for beneficiaries of an estate in a dispute with another beneficiary regarding the administration of the estate
- advising on legal ownership and beneficial interests in the family home
- Described in The Legal 500 (2017) as "very approachable and proactive, with great attention to detail"
- Student member of ACTAPS (Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists)
- Andrew studied at the University of Durham, before graduating with Distinction in the Legal Practice Course.
- he also worked as a teacher abroad prior to joining Russell-Cooke