Kate is a partner in the family team, based in the Bedford Row office.
Kate has considerable expertise in acting for barristers, solicitors and clients in the financial sector. Much of the work she does involves foreign jurisdictions with off-shore assets and/or international lifestyles.
She has expertise in disputes between property owners, being either family members or couples, resolving the financial package for a couple upon the breakdown of a marriage or civil partnership, acting for family members who need to intervene in the divorce of their children or siblings, advising unmarried parents in making claims for the benefit of their children, undertaking complex children work such as leave to remove applications and negotiating pre and post-nuptial agreements.
Kate’s approach is direct and productive, and she looks for the most effective and constructive result either by finding commercial solutions or by using her experience and skill to obtain the best tactical advantage. She was ranked in Band 3, Family/Matrimonial in Chambers HNW (2020).
Kate qualified as a solicitor in 2003, joined Russell-Cooke in 2005 and became a partner in 2012.
- Landmark child abduction case – Kate acted in the international case of D (A Child) (Abduction: foreign custody rights)  UKHL 510
- International nullity and Schedule 1 case – Kate represented clients in the case of El Gamal v HRH Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed al-Maktoum  EWHC B27 (Fam);Re A (A Child)  EWCA Civ 1577 and GN v MA  EWHC 3939 (Fam)
- Property dispute – Kate represented a client in the High Court and Chancery Division in a property dispute between a couple in the case of Ashby v Kilduff  EWHC 2034 (Ch.)
- Interim orders - Kate acted in a 2015 High Court case concerning orders for sale
- Accredited Resolution Specialist status gaining a professional qualification for her expert knowledge in financial provision upon separation and cohabitation (disputes between property owners)
- Kate is a member of the Resolution Accredited Specialist Committee and sits as an assessor for the scheme
- Collaborative lawyer and a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Mediator accredited with Resolution
Read Law at Newcastle University, and gained a distinction in her LPC