Natasha is an associate solicitor in the children law team. She is experienced in advising clients in a wide range of matters including adoption, children arrangements following separation or divorce, care proceedings and injunctions. Much of Natasha's work involves international clients.
She is focused on providing her clients with clear and pragmatic advice in the face of difficult and emotional situations. She prides herself on her sensitivity and judgment and ensures that her approach is committed at all times to the best outcome for the children and her clients.
Natasha will represent clients in court whenever possible to provide continuity and consistency of representation. This is particularly pertinent in relation to younger clients. Clients have praised Natasha for her “unquestionable professionalism”, her “meticulous” approach to her work and her “kindness and support”.
- Arrangements for children when parents are separating and need assistance in resolving disputes arising from their change in circumstances. Natasha advises and represents parents in all aspects of their children's arrangements including practical arrangements for the children on separation, applications to move overseas with children and issues arising around parental responsibility
- Complex arrangements for children which may involve multi-agency organisations and different jurisdictions when parents and family members require specialist assistance with regard to their children's arrangements
- Local authority involvement with families known as 'Public Law proceedings' where social services seek to share parental responsibility with parents due to concerns about the children's welfare. This can lead to children being placed in care and/or adopted. Natasha currently acts exclusively for parents and extended family members and is instructed by parents in complex cases involving issues of mental health, substance misuse, non-accidental injury and where criminal law matters affect the family. Natasha has particular experience with young parents involved in care proceedings.
- Arrangements for extended family members to care for children by way of Special Guardianship Orders, including the financial and practical support that may be available to them as carers
- Injunctions and protective measures. Natasha is experienced in representing individuals seeking Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders and representing clients in court. She is able to act at short notice in emergency cases where necessary.
- Studied English Literature and Language at the University of Oxford and subsequently trained and qualified as a solicitor at Russell-Cooke