For advice on who to talk to, call
We can advise you how to structure your property and affairs to ensure that your estate passes to your intended beneficiaries in the most tax-efficient way after your death.
Our private client team can advise on all aspects of estate planning including:
- wills for clients with complex and/or high-net-worth estates
- the incorporation of trusts within wills and the constitution of those trusts after the death of the client
- the creation of lifetime trusts
- post-death estate planning, including deeds of variation and the restructuring of will trusts with retrospective effect for inheritance tax purposes
- the tax consequences of estate planning and trusts
- the administration of trusts, including preparing tax returns, liaising with financial advisers, making distributions, collecting rents and other sources of income and handling the legal and administrative issues that arise from properties held in trusts
- cross-border succession
- issues raised by pre-existing trusts
- advising entrepreneurs and family businesses on tax and succession planning
- Our friendly, approachable team is very experienced and highly-regarded in its field, with members regularly contributing to major text books in the area such as Butterworths' Wills, Probate and Administration Service.
- Our advice is tailored to your specific needs. We aim to provide solutions which are both workable and cost-effective.
- We work closely with colleagues in the firm with relevant expertise, such as those in our experienced property and family law departments.
- Our trust corporation, the Russell-Cooke Trust Company, is available to act as executor or trustee.
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) is a unique professional body providing members with a local, national and international learning and business network focusing on the responsible stewardship of assets today and across the generations. STEP provides education, training, representation and networking for its members. Members advise clients on the broad business of the management of personal finance. Full members of STEP are the most experienced and senior practitioners in the field of trusts and estates.www.step.org
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales
As a world-class professional accountancy body, the ICAEW provides leadership and practical support to over 132,000 members in 165 countries, working with government, regulators and industry to maintain the highest standards.www.icaew.com
Private Client Practitioner Top 25 Law Firms
eprivateclient is the leading website and news service for private client practitioners, including lawyers, accountants, trustees and fee-based IFAs. It is the only place to see the results of the Private Client Practitioner Top 25 Law Firms, Top 25 Accountancy Firms, Top 25 Trust Companies, Top 25 IFA Companies, Top 35 Under 35 and 50 Most Influential.eprivateclient.com
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.
We would be pleased to discuss your requirements and produce a costs estimate accordingly based on the type and complexity of the work involved.
The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) is a unique professional body providing members with a local, national and international learning and business network focusing on the responsible stewardship of assets today and across the generations. STEP provides education, training, representation and networking for its members. Members advise clients on the broad business of the management of personal finance. Full members of STEP are the most experienced and senior practitioners in the field of trusts and estates.Click here for further information
The Law Society
The Law Society is the representative body for solicitors in England and Wales.www.lawsociety.org.uk
Solicitors for the Elderly
Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) is a national organisation of lawyers, such as solicitors, barristers, and legal executives who are committed to providing and promoting robust, comprehensive and independent legal advice for older and vulnerable people, their family and carers.Click here for further information