I am keen to ensure that all children have access to education suitable for them to thrive and enjoy their school career. I am passionate about ensuring that parents are empowered to seek support and challenge decisions when needed.
Erin joined Russell-Cooke in 2023. She advises on a wide range of educational issues and specialises in special educational needs, including assisting clients to apply for Education Health and Care (“EHC”) needs assessments and EHC plans.
Erin also advises on school related issues such as discrimination, admissions and exclusions. She has brought judicial review challenges on behalf of clients and advises on public law issues generally. Erin advises on mediation in relation to special educational needs tribunals and when litigation is needed.
Erin also continues to advise schools and colleges on matters arising within her area of expertise to ensure that they are applying their policies, legislation and DfE guidance appropriately.
She is extremely knowledgeable and supportive.
- Studied law at the University of Reading
- Completed LPC at the University of Law in London
Erin is approachable, extremely capable and sees the bigger picture while being on top of the necessary minutiae. She is extremely competent and very reliable.
- Challenging School Exclusions, https://files.justice.org.uk
- SEN Update, the Local Government Lawyer, 25/01/2019
- How to appeal for a school place, as primary school offer day arrives, the Evening Standard, 17/0420/23
- Mother who wants to permanently home-educate her children is suing her “bullying” council over claims it is trying to force them to go to school, the Mail Online, 16/02/2021
Erin Smart has a good reputation.