Clients enjoy my pragmatic, commercial advice, based on prior experience working client-side in the energy and infrastructure sectors. I take a refreshingly frank approach to matters; always cognizant of the bigger picture and ensuring all communication is user-friendly.
Laughlan joined Russell-Cooke in 2023 having qualified in 2016.
Laughlan advises the breadth of the supply chain on all aspects of construction projects including the preparation and negotiation of contract amendments and ancillary documentation, bonds and guarantees and dispute avoidance and resolution.
Known for his empathetic and commercial approach, Laughlan provides “high quality legal support” to clients - Legal 500 2023.
- Advised Developer on termination and replacement of contractor on £50M Jersey mixed use development
- Settled long-running substantial liquidated damages dispute spanning multiple adjudications, part 7 and part 8 proceedings
- Secured substantial award for M&E sub-contractor in large variation account dispute at London landmark
- Successfully defended 3 parallel adjudications relating to the renovation of a five-star London hotel
- Prepared and negotiated schedule of amendments and ancillary documentation on 250 unit aparthotel project in south London
- Prepared and negotiated schedule of amendments and ancillary documentation on renovation of a Bloomsbury Hotel
- Negotiated contract for Michelin-starred restaurant fit-out on behalf of main contractor
- Negotiated multiple sub-contracts on airport lounge fit-out on behalf of main contractor
I just wanted to thank you for the high quality of legal support you provided. At all times you were empathetic, pragmatic and value focussed and I really appreciate the effort you put in to resolving this issue for us.
Member of the Society of Construction Law, Arbitration Club (Law Courts Branch)
- Read Latin and Greek at UCL
- Trained at Charles Russell LLP