Alex is a partner in our real estate team.
She advises on all aspects of planning, highways and compulsory purchase including planning applications, appeals, negotiating s106 agreements, challenges and enforcement.
She acts mainly for property developers, strategic land owners, property owners, energy companies and private individuals on a complete range of projects from major development projects to those for individuals.
She has had numerous articles published in Estates Gazette, Planning, Property News and the National Press and has presented several seminars including being invited to speak at events hosted by large conference training and networking providers.
She qualified at a leading global law firm and practised there for eight years before joining Russell-Cooke in 2012 to set up the planning team. She became a partner in 2015.
- Advising Perenco on their planning applications including s106 negotiations for Wytch Farm, Dorset (UK's largest onshore oilfield) to extend its field life including obligations totalling over £1.7 million
- Acted in successful high court case Woodcock Holdings Limited v Secretary of State  EWHC 1173 involving neighbourhood plan issues and acted on second successful high court challenge in which Secretary of State consented to judgment June 2016. Following the third redetermination by the Secretary of State planning permission has now been granted for 120 units. One of the key factors was the grant of planning permission for 40 units on the site in the intervening period.
- Acting for Stonegate Homes and Littleworth Properties on the first successful high court challenge to a Neighbourhood Plan - (on the application of Stonegate Homes Ltd) v Horsham DC  EWHC 2512 (Admin)
- Advising a claimant in a multi-million pound compensation claim for compulsory purchase associated with Thameslink 2000
- Acting for developer of 154 unit residential led scheme on complex s106 agreement, SANG Agreement and Development Agreement
- Acting for a developer of student accommodation on appeal including a s106 agreement which details provisions as to who will occupy the units
- Acting for objectors to several large infrastructure projects including HS2, Silvertown Tunnel and Metrolink Manchester in connection with compensation agreements for compulsory purchase
- Advised on change of use application and negotiated with council that policies requiring a contribution for employment training for local residents was not applicable resulting in a significant saving for the client.
- Advising clients on implications of Finney case on s73 application
- Advised on numerous successful prior approval applications for office B1 use to residential conversion
- Community Infrastructure Levy reviews and appeals including successful cases where Council cancelled CIL liability notices completely
- Advised on promotion agreement for strategic land owner with GDV circa £24 million
- Successful CLEUD application and successful appeal against enforcement notice which related to roof terrace
- Advised on the s106 agreement for a 73 residential scheme that involves a complex viability review mechanism for affordable housing with over £400k of financial contributions
- Alex is identified as an 'up and coming' practitioner in Chambers UK (2017). She has been ranked for the last three years.
- Clients comment that “She is my first port of call" and "She is exceptionally bright” and “she's very good all round - very competent, very efficient and gives good practical advice and well respected by market commentators", Chambers UK (2016)
- Recommended in The Legal 500 (2016), a client commenting "she makes complex issues understandable"