Alex is a partner in our real estate team.
She advises on all aspects of planning, highways and compulsory purchase including planning applications, appeals, negotiating s106 agreements, challenges and enforcement.
She acts mainly for property developers, strategic land owners, property owners, energy companies and private individuals on a complete range of projects from major development projects to those for individuals.
In Chambers UK (2018), sources describe her as a "very sharp legal mind" who is "commercially astute" and "provides excellent service."
In The Legal 500 (2017) Alex is identified as someone who “provides an efficient service and explains planning matters in a manner that is easy to understand”.
She has had numerous articles published in Estates Gazette, Planning, Property News and the National Press and has presented several seminars including being invited to speak at events hosted by large conference training and networking providers.
She qualified at a leading global law firm and practised there for eight years before joining Russell-Cooke in 2012 to set up the planning team. She became a partner in 2015.
- Advising Perenco on their planning applications including s106 negotiations for Wytch Farm, Dorset (UK's largest onshore oilfield) to extend its field life
- Acting for a private developer on a 5.85 hectare greenfield site for an outline application including 120 dwellings on appeal at a public inquiry
- Acted in successful high court case Woodcock Holdings Limited v Secretary of State  EWHC 1173 involving neighbourhood plan issues and acting on second successful high court challenge in which Secretary of State consented to judgment June 2016
- Acting for Stonegate Homes and Littleworth Properties on an appeal at a public inquiry for 72 units in Horsham including s106 negotiations
- Acting for Stonegate Homes and Littleworth Properties on a high court challenge to a Neighbourhood Plan
- Advising a claimant in a multi-million pound compensation claim for compulsory purchase associated with Thameslink 2000
- Acting for Sports Direct in relation to several Compulsory Purchase Orders - objecting and compensation advice
- Acting for objectors to several large infrastructure projects including HS2, Silvertown Tunnel and Metrolink Manchester in connection with compensation agreements for compulsory purchase
- Successful appeal against an enforcement notice when a retrospective planning application for the development against which the enforcement notice had been served had been refused by the council and at appeal prior to instruction
- Advised on numerous successful prior approval applications for office B1 use to residential conversion
- Community Infrastructure Levy reviews and appeals including successful cases where Council cancelled CIL liability notices completely
- Advised on promotion agreement for strategic land owner with GDV circa £24 million
- Successful in getting council to change its mind as to whether Vacant Building Credit could be applied
- Successful CLEUD application and successful appeal against enforcement notice which related to roof terrace
- In Chambers UK (2018), sources describe her as a "very sharp legal mind" who is "commercially astute" and "provides excellent service"
- Alex is identified as an 'up and coming' practitioner in Chambers UK (2017), a client commented “she is very thorough, very proactive in terms of responses, and exactly who you need in a contentious or tricky development scheme”. She has been ranked for the last three years.
- Described in The Legal 500 (2017) as "provides an efficient service and explains planning matters in a manner that is easy to understand"
- Clients comment that “She is my first port of call" and "She is exceptionally bright” and “she's very good all round - very competent, very efficient and gives good practical advice and well respected by market commentators", Chambers UK (2016)
- Recommended in The Legal 500 (2016), a client commenting "she makes complex issues understandable"