Ed is a senior associate in the property and housing litigation team.
He specialises in all aspects of property litigation and property dispute resolution. His areas of expertise include landlord and tenant disputes, business lease renewals, rent and service charge recovery, possession proceedings, and dilapidations claims.
Ed has a particular interest in the renewal and termination of telecoms leases under the Electronic Communications Code. Other specialisms include adverse possession, restrictive covenants and rights of way and light.
Ed has written several articles for industry publications such as the Estates Gazette, Property Week, and the Property Law Journal. He is a regular contributor to the Sunday Times 'Home Help' column and delivers seminars to real estate clients.
He joined Russell-Cooke as a trainee in 2003, qualified in 2005 and was promoted to senior associate in 2014.
- Successfully settled £1.8m dilapidations claim for office tenant.
- Acted in £4m service charge dispute.
- Acted for developer in seeking removal of telecoms mast to enable to development project.
- Regularly represents landlords and tenants in business lease and telecoms lease renewals and terminations.
- Practical Law's Consultation Board for Property Litigation
- Ranked as an 'Associate to Watch' in Chambers & Partners 2011 and 2012
- Described as 'extremely helpful, clear and readily available', (Chambers & Partners 2012)
- Listed in the 2014 and 2015 Thomson Reuters' Super Lawyers directory
- Member of the Property Litigation Association
- Studied law at the University of Sussex