Jae is listed in the Hall of Fame in The Legal 500 (2020) and ranked in Chambers UK (2020) for her work in both crime and financial crime.
Jae has particular expertise in representing professionals who find themselves accused of criminal matters with potentially career-threatening implications or intrusive media interest.
In this regard, she has been appointed to advise CEO's, solicitors, accountants, consultants (both in the financial and medical arena) and other high-profile professionals. She has been effective in avoiding prosecution both at the investigative stage pre-charge and pre-trial following careful submissions.
Jae has defended individuals involved in complex fraud cases including business crime, VAT fraud, allegations of corruption, money-laundering and Very High Costs Cases Contract (VHCC). She often defends prosecutions against HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Serious Fraud Office (SFO), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Economic Crime Unit, Special Crime Division, Special Casework Unit, Trading Standards and the Department of Innovation and Skills.
She also advises on regulatory matters and issues of compliance.
Jae has represented clients charged with serious criminal offences including charges of murder, sexual offences and multi-party criminal prosecutions. She has a particular interest in extradition cases and health and safety prosecutions.
- Jae represented Peter Hain MP after he was accused of the late reporting of donations received during his campaign for Deputy Leadership of the Labour Party
- Jae acted for the defendant in R v F where the defendant was charged with the murder of a work colleague during the course of a commercial burglary and in R v K which involved an allegation of murder involving a neighbour dispute
- R v Sir Stephen Richards where she successfully represented a Court of Appeal judge
- Jae successfully represented Johannes Skúlason in his acquittal over a multi-million pound Boiler Room fraud
- All of these cases received considerable national media coverage. She is also acting in an extradition case (on behalf of Ralston Wellington) due to be heard before the European Court of Human Rights regarding mandatory life sentences
- Member of the London Criminal Courts Solicitors' Association (LCCSA)
- Member of the Female Fraud Forum
- Member of the Financial Services Lawyers Association
- Listed in the Thomson Reuters 'London Super Lawyers' list (2015)