Janice is a partner in the personal injury and clinical negligence team. Chambers notes her success in achieving a £5.25 million award on behalf of actress Leslie Ash, who suffered catastrophic injuries following time in hospital - the highest award ever made for a hospital acquired infection.
Janice's practice includes both personal injury and clinical negligence cases. She has acted on many high-value cases including those relating to head and spinal injuries. She has a particular interest in issues relating to hospital-acquired infection and cosmetic surgery and acts for clients domiciled both here in the UK and overseas, is a regular contributor to medico-legal journals.
Janice studied at the University of Swansea and trained at South London solicitors. She joined Russell-Cooke in 1999 and was made a partner in 2001.
- Lyndsay Mitcheson v Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust in which a doctor performed the wrong operation leading to a left leg amputation
- Susan Osuch v Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust a casualty doctor failed to recognise and treat pneumonia in a 43 year old woman leading to multi organ failure and brain damage
- Mr S v CICA Claim successfully obtained compensation for Mr S who was 13 when he was assaulted by a group of youths and left with multiple severe injuries
- Ms FP v Jason David Thomas (road traffic accident) the claimant recovered £695,000 in compensation following a road traffic accident in which she suffered severe head and spinal injuries
- Wayne Williams v St George's Healthcare NHS Trust in which a doctor left part of a latex glove in a patient's windpipe causing permanent damage
- Listed in London Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters 2014 and 2015
- Member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel
- Member of AVMA (Action for Victims of Medical Accidents)
- Member of the Law Society's Clinical Negligence Panel
- Member of APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers)
- Secretary to the London Regional Group