Matt is a partner in the real estate team, advising clients on a range of real estate transactions including investment acquisitions and disposals, premises acquisitions for major retail clients, landlord and tenant matters, development and real estate finance. Matt also has experience in dealing with complex portfolio transactions.
Matt joined Russell-Cooke in 2005 and became a partner in 2013.
- Advising a private overseas investor on the acquisition of a prime Mayfair asset, Stratton House, for £166 million, exchanging within seven working days of instruction
- Acting on behalf of an offshore unit trust specialising in multi-let industrial estates on various acquisitions and disposals including leading a team on the sale of three let industrial sites for a total sale of £17.7 million
- Leading a team on the acquisition of a prime London commercial property (a mix of retail, leisure and office use) in the heart of the City of London for a purchase price of £34.75 million
- Acting for the Cubemaker Partnership, (formed by Ropemaker Properties Limited, the property investment arm of the BP Pension Fund and Cube Real Estate), in the acquisition of an unbroken mixed use parade consisting of 14 retail units, two floors of offices, 11 residential units, garages and a car park
- Acting for the landlord of the Plaza (Oxford Street) and the Barkers Centre (Kensington) in relation to ongoing property management
- Advising Pret a Manger on various premises acquisitions including a recent pre-let in the new Almacantar development at the iconic Grade II listed Centre Point building.
- Representing the landlord of a prominent building in the West End in the surrender of an existing lease and new letting to a high quality international burger chain at an initial rent of £1.55 million per annum
- He is recommended in The Legal 500 (2014) which notes that he is "very personable, with an excellent commercial attitude".
- Member of the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA)
- Member of the City of Westminster and Holborn Law Society