Sally Johnston is a senior associate in the corporate and commercial team with particular experience advising start-up and scale-up companies on a range of matters.
- shareholders' and founders' agreements
- funding rounds from seed to institutional investment
- acquisitions and exits
- employee share schemes
Sally joined Russell Cooke in 2020, following three years working at a specialist law firm exclusively with start-ups, having trained and spent the first six years of her legal career in the corporate division of a major international law firm, including stints in Moscow and Sydney as well as their London office.
- Advised a tech scale-up on taking venture capital investment with a view to a successful exit in five years
- Advised a car-financing platform on various funding rounds and commercial arrangements
- Advised on multiple corporate and commercial matters for the start-up arm of a major bank
- Graduated in History from the University of Nottingham
- Completed legal studies at Nottingham Law School and BPP