Sally Johnston is a senior associate in the corporate and commercial team with particular experience advising start-up and scale-up companies on a range of matters.
- shareholders' and founders' agreements
- funding rounds from seed to institutional investment
- acquisitions and exits
- employee share schemes
Sally joined Russell Cooke in 2020, following three years working at a specialist law firm exclusively with start-ups, having trained and spent the first six years of her legal career in the corporate division of Herbert Smith, including stints in Moscow and Sydney as well as their London office.
- Advised a tech scale-up on taking venture capital investment with a view to a successful exit in five years
- Advised a car-financing platform on various funding rounds and commercial arrangements
- Advised on multiple corporate and commercial matters for the start-up arm of a major bank
- Graduated in History from the University of Nottingham
- Completed legal studies at Nottingham Law School and BPP