For advice on who to talk to, call
We are a dedicated team of recovery and insolvency specialists. We have a unified team of 10 specialist lawyers across a number of departments who include amongst them a qualified Insolvency Practitioner. We deliver solutions at local, regional and national levels. Our depth of practice and expertise, coupled with our unique pricing structure and alternative funding arrangements, means our practice will deliver the quality of advice, at the lowest of prices to a breadth of clients, all with unique views and commercial imperatives.
Our team act for businesses, individuals, insolvency office-holders, regulators and other organisations. We can advise on a broad range of issues including:
- administration, liquidation, Company Voluntary Arrangements and Receiverships - for companies, directors, banks/lenders, regulatory bodies, insolvency practitioners, creditors both before and after the commencement of the insolvency process
- restructuring and turnaround (including non-formal works-outs such as debt for equity swaps)
- for distressed companies, boards, directors and creditors of distressed companies, including advice on transactional risk
- contentious and fraud work - for insolvency practitioners, creditors and defrauded parties
- all forms of insolvency litigation including antecedent transactions and directors' claims
- creditor services including strategies for debt recovery, mitigation of risk, retention of title claims
- acting for landlords on defaulting and insolvency tenants
R3 - Association of Business Recovery Professionals
Lee Ranford and Benn Richards are members of The Association of Business Recovery Professionals. This is the leading professional association for insolvency, business recovery and turnaround specialists in the UK. Known by its brand name ‘R3’, it promotes best practice for professionals working with financially troubled individuals and businesses.www.r3.org.uk
Licensed Insolvency Practitioner (authorised by the SRA)
The Law Society is one of several professional bodies that can license (or "authorise") its members as insolvency practitioners; the Council of the Law Society has delegated this regulatory function to the SRA.www.sra.org.uk
Founded in 1994 when solicitors first acquired the right to appear in the higher courts, SAHCA is the only independent association to represent the rights of all solicitor advocates practising in England & Wales.www.sahca.org.uk
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.
We may also be able to offer fixed priced options for clients depending on their budget and the size, type and complexity of the work involved.
We would be pleased to discuss your requirements free of charge and tailor a costs proposal accordingly.