Russell-Cooke has once again been recognised for its breadth of practice areas and expertise in this year’s Chambers 2023 guide. In total, the directory has recognised 32 lawyers (several of whom are ranked in multiple practice areas). This means an additional 10 lawyers are recognised by Chambers this year as leaders in their fields
Of the 32 lawyers ranked, there are two ranked as Senior Statespeople: James Sinclair Taylor (Charities) and Jason Hunter (Real Estate: Litigation). Four partners are ranked in Band 1: Samantha Little (Children: Public Law Matters), James Carroll (Family/Matrimonial: High Net Worth, and Family: Mainly ADR). Fiona Read is also ranked in Band 1 for Family: Mainly ADR. Senior Partner John Gould is recognised in Band 1 for Professional Discipline.
This year there are three band 1 team rankings, for Children: Public Law Matters; Family Matrimonial: High Net Worth and Real Estate: £10-£50m. Several other teams and individuals have been promoted in the rankings this year.
Russell-Cooke teams are ranked across 14 categories by Chambers 2023:
- Charities: “The advice we received was detailed, comprehensive and clear. Charity law is a complex and specialist area of law and we always felt that we were in safe hands.”
- Children: Cross-border Disputes: “Russell-Cooke has a very responsive, dependable and knowledgeable children law practice with very experienced partners.”
- Children: Public Law Matters: “They are a high-quality and impressive […] law firm.”
- Clinical Negligence: Mainly Claimant: “At all times I feel totally supported by the team. The lawyers keep me informed, reassure me every step of the way and are always very responsive.”
- Crime: “Their communication level is high especially during emergency situations and the support team is excellent.”
- Crime: Legal Aid Specialists: “The team at Russell-Cooke is helpful, approachable, and has a very good level of expertise.”
- Employment: Senior Executives: “They are very strong and helpful. They provided step-by-step guidance and excellent expertise.”
- Family/Matrimonial: High Net Worth: “You know when they're on the other side that they're going to be so reasonable and easy to work with. They are a firm I can always pick up the phone to. They are robust and really practical.”
- Personal Injury: Mainly Claimant: “The firm makes real efforts to cater to the bespoke needs of clients and has a clear understanding of specific needs and expectations.”
- Real Estate: Litigation: “There is a strong breadth of expertise across the firm and the lawyers are grounded and pragmatic.”
- Real Estate: £10-50 million: “The lawyers at Russell-Cooke always provide an efficient service and deliver succinct, commercial advice.”
- Professional Discipline: “The team is excellent and has an unrivalled depth and breadth of knowledge. They work extremely well together, and if one partner is on leave, another partner is able to pick up the issue immediately.”
- Social Housing: Tenants: “A smart team of professionals who are available and eager to help at a moment's notice. If you are in need of a good lawyer that has a ton of experience, don't hesitate to reach out to the Russell-Cooke team.”
- Family/Matrimonial (Guildford and Surrounds): “The team are highly efficient, competent and at the same time, empathetic.”
Chambers have listed Russell-Cooke as in the top 10 firms with the highest proportion of women ranked.
The firm's rankings in Chambers can be viewed here.
Joint Managing Partner Alison Regan said: “Chambers rankings are based primarily on client and peer review and this year we are pleased that our rankings have been boosted even further.
This reflects the ever-growing breadth and depth of the Russell-Cooke practice. As ever we thank our clients, referrers and peers for their generous comments. This year is notable in that of all our ranked professionals, almost 53% were women, reflecting our impressive female practice. Gender aside, well done to all at Russell-Cooke. Every single person at the firm contributes to our success.”