Listed in The Legal 500 and Chambers UK as a leader in his field, Jason is a partner and head of the property litigation team, specialising in the avoidance or resolution of property disputes (using Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) or litigation).
He advises on all areas of property litigation, including landlord and tenant law (residential, mixed use and commercial) and property disputes about boundaries, party walls, restrictive covenants, trespass, rights of way, and rights of light.
Interviewees in Chambers UK (2018) say he is "brilliant" and "an experienced man with an excellent knowledge of the law".
Jason leads the team's highly regarded service to well-known investors in the Private Rented Sector, in particular Grainger plc and Get Living London Ltd.
Many of Jason's individual clients own very high value residential property, particularly in prime central London.
Jason is also an experienced mediator. His mediation cases range from smaller scale disputes to large scale million pound multi-party claims, involving property companies, utility companies, not-for-profit organisations and individuals.
Jason trained at Russell-Cooke, qualified in 1992 and became a partner in 1997.
- Helping resolve disputes for clients, and as a mediator, about alterations and trespass claims relating to expensive London flats
- Mediating successfully a dispute about a claimed agreement to pay a sum in excess of £1 million
- Helping a client settle a claim about leaks and damage caused to a flat
- Regularly advising on Party Wall Act cases, including: challenging an award of security for expenses set very high; appealing an award in relation to the way in which a very large wall was to be built; opposing a challenge to an award determining costs and fees; support adjoining owners who have suffered significant damage to their home; supporting a client faced with an injunction to Party Wall works
- Mediating successfully a high-value dilapidations claim between a landlord, tenant and a well-known utility company
- Successfully mediating a three-party dispute between a flat owner, a developer and a restaurant occupier about claimed representations and infringements of property rights
- Helping a landlord evict a tenant from restaurant premises because of arrears of rent
- Acting for a well-known financial institution in a complex service charge and Appointment of a Manager dispute in the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal (now the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)) at one of its mixed use schemes
- Mediating a professional negligence claim against a solicitor who failed to advise on an onerous lease clause, helping achieve a compromise
- Helping a well-known developer resolve various service charge problems on four of its London projects, and advising it about breaches of lease by flat owners
- Acting for a commercial tenant in an appeal against a rent review arbitration
- Advising a former tenant of a distribution warehouse in its defence of a dilapidations claim
- Helping a flat owner resist the landlord’s proposal to build a flat immediately above his own flat
- Acting for a commercial tenant threatened with repossession because of claimed breach of the user clause
- Member of the Property Litigation Association and was its chairman in 2003/4
- Interviewees in Chambers UK (2018) say he is "brilliant" and "an experienced man with an excellent knowledge of the law"
- Recognised in The Legal 500 (2017) as a 'leader in his field'
- Chambers UK (2017) say he is "a very good lawyer with a very good understanding of the law," according to sources. He is a highly experienced property litigator and frequently handles disputes relating to both commercial and residential property.
- Chambers UK (2016) said of the team that "They are extremely responsive, very commercial and practical"
- Chambers UK (2012) said "working with him is easy; he makes sure we completely understand each other"
- Chambers UK (2010) noted that [he is] "one of the most organised and meticulous litigators you will ever find"
- Jason regularly appeared on ITV's This Morning as one of its Legal Eagles
- 'Business Tenancies: A guide to the new law' (Law Society 2004)
- 'Dilapidations' (RICS Case in Point series, 2006; 2nd Ed on-line 2012)
- Contributed to the online RICS projects "isurv Commercial Property' and "isurv Dilapidations"