Trees (almost) ruining my view - The Sunday Times

Ed Cracknell, Partner in the Russell-Cooke Solicitors, property litigation team.
Ed Cracknell
1 min Read

"I bought my house several years ago. One of the attractions was the great views. In recent years my neighbours have planted trees that are growing so tall that I will soon have my view spoilt. Is there any action I can take to get my neighbours to reduce the height of their trees so as not to spoil my view?"

Russell-Cooke partner Ed Cracknell answers a reader's question in the Home Help section of the Sunday Times and reminds them that, while there is no such thing as a right to a view under English law, there are a few routes to explore.

Trees (almost) ruining my view is available to read on the Sunday Times website via subscription. 

Ed is a partner in the property and housing litigation team. He specialises in all aspects of property litigation and property dispute resolution. His areas of expertise include landlord and tenant disputes, business lease renewals, rent and service charge recovery, possession proceedings, and dilapidations claims.

In the press Individuals & families Russell-Cooke The Sunday Times Ed Cracknell Home Help trees view right to light high hedges in the press The Times