Jemma is a senior associate in the family team.
Jemma advises clients on a broad range of family matters including divorce and financial matters following separation and pre and post-nuptial agreements. She has significant experience of cohabitation and property disputes between both separating couples and family members, as well as in private law children matters including international relocation cases. Her experience includes working not only for couples who are married or cohabiting, but also for wider family members, business partners and joint property owners.
Jemma is a member of Resolution and former Chair of the London YResolution committee. She is committed to resolving matters constructively to achieve a family focused and cost effective solution for her clients where possible. This includes considering all options of dispute resolution including direct negotiations between solicitors and assisting clients in mediation or arbitration. She is also experienced in conducting matters through the court process where this is necessary, including experience working on cases in the High Court and the appeal courts.
Jemma is ranked in The Legal 500 (2022) as a Rising Star for Family. She is a Resolution Accredited Specialist in cases involving complex financial remedies upon separation and financial provision for children.
Jemma trained at Russell-Cooke, qualifying in September 2013 and becoming a senior associate in July 2019.
- Advised a wide range of clients on financial arrangements following a separation. Jemma has had direct involvement in cases with offshore trusts, overseas assets, private equity funds. She also assisted on a High Court case involving an application for the interim sale of a property during divorce proceedings.
- Advising and working with clients to prepare relationship or property ownership agreements, whether in the form of a pre or post-nuptial agreement or a Declaration of Trust, including international agreements and post-Brexit EU cases.
- Resolved disputes concerning arrangements for children following a separation. This includes advising on schooling / nursery disputes and a particular specialism in representing clients in international relocation applications to remove children to another country from England and Wales.
- Acted in cases involving property disputes in the civil and family courts including cases involving cohabitees and co-ownership between family members, particularly parents who have contributed towards properties purchased by their children.
- Assisted on cases for financial provision for children, including in high profile international hearings through to appeal court level (Re A (A Child)  EWCA Civ 1577, GN v MA  EWHC 3939 (Fam)).
- Acted in relation to the enforcement of orders including the recognition and enforcement of a Scottish order in England, obtaining charging orders over property and orders for sale.
- Member of Resolution, an organisation of family lawyers focused on achieving family and child focused resolution to disputes
- Accredited Resolution Specialist for her expert knowledge in complex financial provision upon separation and financial provision for children (Schedule 1 cases)
- Former Chair of the London YResolution committee
- Jemma has been named as a key lawyer in Legal 500 for 2020, 2021 and 2022, and as a Rising Star in 2022.
Jemma read law at the University of Warwick, graduating with a First Class LLB and gained a distinction in subsequent legal studies.