Sarah is a partner in the clinical negligence and personal injury team advising clients on a wide range of claims, including cases involving misdiagnosis of symptoms, negligent operations, road traffic accidents, work accidents and tripping accidents.
Particular areas of specialisation are criminal injury compensation claims and claims against local authorities regarding failure to care for vulnerable adults and children.
Sarah also represents bereaved families at inquests involving deaths in hospital and the workplace, road traffic accidents and suicides. Additionally, she manages five pro-bono personal injury and clinical negligence drop-in clinics at Croydon, Morden, Battersea, Kingston and Roehampton.
Recommended by The Legal 500 and Chambers legal directories.
Sarah joined Russell-Cooke in 1996 and was appointed partner in 2011.
- Claim for damages for unnecessary hysterectomy - mismanaged labour resulting in a post partum haemorrhage, leading to a hysterectomy
- X v London Borough of Merton – Sarah successfully represented a 15 year old girl who had suffered a sexual assault at school, obtaining damages of £145,000
- T (A child) v Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust - the claimant, a 15 year old boy, received compensation following the misdiagnosis of testicular torsion
- Mr M - the applicant suffered injuries in a serious unprovoked attack, being stabbed several times. Sarah successfully represented him in an application for compensation to the CICA
- Vincenzo Bollito v Arriva London - the claimant suffered a catastrophic brain injury when he fell from a moving London bus and was awarded damages in excess of £1.3 million
- SF v London Borough of Merton - the claimant was successful in a claim against the defendant local authority for breach of their common law duty of care to take reasonable steps to protect him from his abusive mother during his childhood
- V Smith v Hair Associates - Sarah represented the claimant in a claim against a hairdresser for a severe burn to the scalp sustained during a highlighting procedure
- One source in Chambers UK (2017) says "I have no hesitation in saying that she is the person to go to after an accident - she knows what she's doing on all fronts and clients really like her"
- Listed in the Thomson Reuters 'London Super Lawyers' list 2015
- Sarah is described as "very thorough and provides good advice", Chambers UK (2014)
- "large body of knowledge in personal injury" and is "honest and dependable", Chambers UK (2011)
- "thorough and insightful", Chambers UK (2012)
- Accredited member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel
- Member of the APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers)
- Secretary for APIL Costs and Funding Special Interest Group
- Board of Trustees for the South West London Law Centres
- Law degree, Oxford Brookes University
- Master's degree in law, University College London