For advice on who to talk to, call
Applications for the 2019 vacation scheme are now open.
To make an application for the 2019 vacation scheme please click here.
We particularly welcome applications from those in their final year non-law, penultimate or final year of law who are predicted a 2:1 and have an AAB at A-level.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
The vacation scheme at Russell-Cooke is a great way to experience what it’s really like to work at a leading law firm.
We believe that our vacation scheme offers the right balance of support and autonomy, and really demonstrates what life is like as a Russell-Cooke trainee.
What makes a Russell-Cooke training contract different is the diverse nature of our work and the unstuffy nature of the working environment. As a firm we offer our clients our expertise in areas ranging from high-value real estate and corporate law to charity, professional regulation, private client, family law and specialist litigation. Few firms can offer this range of experience in a training contract.
Candidates on the vacation scheme currently receive £500 for the week.
You’ll work with a senior associate in the team, who’ll give you support when you need it, and autonomy when you don’t. You will also have other trainees and lawyers on hand to answer any tricky questions and give you feedback at the end of the week.
At the end of the week there will be a form of assessment and interview with the chance of being fast-tracked through the trainee recruitment scheme or even the offer of a training contract then and there.
It’s the ideal way to experience real life at Russell-Cooke as you will see what a typical day in the life of a trainee is.
You will benefit from:
- spending time in one department but will likely experience a range of work across many departments
- experiencing real-life legal work
- being able to speak to and socialise with our current trainees and other colleagues
- earning the chance of an interview for a trainee position
No. The trainee recruitment process will run alongside the vacation scheme.
Spring vacation scheme 1 1-5 April 2019
Spring vacation scheme 2 8-12 April 2019
The interview will take place via Skype with one of our senior associates who will assess your application form, your commercial awareness and competencies for the role.
We are looking for ambitious, positive and competitive trainees who are ready for the challenges of real-life legal work.
- 12 placements available across our London offices for two week-long schemes
- Placements run during the Spring
- You will be paid £500 per week
- The application process opens on 1 November 2018
- Deadline for applications is 1 March 2019
- Skype interviews are held during the week of 1-15 March 2019. Please ensure that you are available for the dates of the vacation scheme you have applied for.
Alternatively, email usMake an enquiry