For advice on who to talk to, call
We advise employers (ranging from London based, to national and multi-national employers) on problems relating to discrimination law and whistleblowing, including allegations of:
- victimisation and harassment
- age discrimination
- sex discrimination
- race and religious discrimination
- disability discrimination
- discrimination based on sexual orientation
We also represent organisations who have discrimination claims brought against them by members, customers, etc. relating to the exercise of their functions, rather than any discrimination in employment.
Our breadth of experience and technical knowledge of discrimination law makes us well-placed to help employers avoid financial and reputational damage. There is no limit to the financial damages that a tribunal can award in discrimination cases.
We are one of a relatively small number of employment law teams that is highly recommended in The Legal 500 (2022). The independent directory especially praises partners Alex Bearman and Anthony Sakrouge. Commentators say our "team is knowledgeable, responsive and has ensured completion of all activities in a timely manner."
- we are a six-strong team of specialist employment lawyers
- We have a strong track record and have handled high-profile cases, including the associative discrimination case Coleman v Attridge Law, a whistleblowing claim against the television production company Vera Productions and a claim involving allegations of sexual misconduct against one of England's richest men.
- Acting for trade or qualifying bodies, or bodies exercising public functions, we have successfully defended a number of very large discrimination claims in which the claimants were claiming for loss of career, obtaining some of the largest costs awards ever awarded in the Employment Tribunal.
- Unlike many other employment teams, we also regularly act for employees in whistleblowing and discrimination claims - enabling us to offer a special insight into what the other side is likely to be thinking.
International Bar Association
The International Bar Association (IBA), established in 1947, is the world’s leading organisation of international legal practitioners, bar associations and law societies.www.ibanet.org
Employment Lawyers Association
A national membership association of over 5,000 lawyers who specialise in employment law.www.elaweb.org.uk
European Employment Lawyers Association
EELA is an association which works to bring together practising employment lawyers across the European Union through conferences and to strengthen links between EU employment lawyers.www.eela.org
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.
The current range of hourly rates for members of the team is from £185 plus VAT to £420 plus VAT per hour.
We may also be able to offer fixed priced options for work such as drafting of contracts, policies and handbooks.
We would be pleased to discuss your requirements free of charge and tailor a costs proposal accordingly.
Business Link was developed in partnership with subject experts within government and relevant business-support organisations to help companies comply with regulations and improve performance.
In October 2012, a new ‘centralised’ Government website replaced both Businesslink.gov.uk and Directgov.uk (www.gov.uk)www.businesslink.gov.uk
Directgov aims to provide easy access to government information and services. It does this by working closely with ministerial departments and non-departmental public bodies to collate key information all in one place.www.direct.gov.uk