For advice on who to talk to, call
Our dedicated recovery and insolvency team acts for insolvency practitioners, creditors, debtors, and anyone involved with or exposed to the personal insolvency process. We advise on all aspects of individual insolvency, including bankruptcy and IVAs, and Breathing Space, and a number of our cases involve an international element.
We offer competitive pricing structures and alternative funding arrangements which, coupled with our specialist knowledge, means we can deliver high quality, commercial advice to clients at cost-effective rates.
We also work closely with a number of other departments within Russell-Cooke, such as Corporate & Commercial, Real Estate, and Family. Our firm’s breadth of expertise means we have a deep understanding of our client’s concerns and expectations, which gives the Insolvency team an advantage when advising those experiencing or involved with the insolvency process.
We act for insolvency practitioners and advise on all aspects of their appointment, including:
- Investigating and prosecuting claims on their behalf, from straight forward debt / asset recovery actions to more complex statutory and common law claims against debtors and third parties
- Seeking urgent remedies, such as freezing orders, to protect the insolvent’s assets from dissipation
- Defending challenges to office-holder conduct and remuneration
- Conducting formal interviews and examinations of debtors and third parties
Creditors and debtors
We advise a variety of creditors, including financial institutions, lenders, and landlords when default occurs and enforcement becomes necessary. We also act for debtors, such as borrowers and tenants, in resisting debt and insolvency proceedings, including:
- Advising on strategies for debt recovery and mitigation of risk
- Acting for parties involved in the IVA process, either for the debtor in seeking to garner creditor approval, or for creditors in challenging an IVA
- Advising creditors on debtors subject to Breathing Space, including challenges to the same