For advice on who to talk to, call
We are one of the UK's leading teams in the field of professional discipline and regulation. We act for the Solicitors Regulatory Authority in proceedings before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and in appeals before the Master of the Rolls and the Administrative Court of the High Court.
We also act for:
- ILEX (Institute of Legal Executives) in disciplinary proceedings
- the Architects Registration Board
- the General Dental Council
We are described by Chambers UK as having "pragmatic, no-nonsense lawyers, who get to the crux of a case straight away". Unusually for solicitors in this area, we also have advocacy rights.
Our recent work includes:
- acting for The Law Society in (Sheikh v Law Society of England & Wales)
- acting as expert witnesses on solicitor's duties
- drafting the Taxation Disciplinary Board's rules and regulations
- drafting a complete regulatory framework on behalf of a regulator of non-solicitor legal services. This involved drafting comprehensive regulatory arrangements for a new practice.
Members of the team are listed in the legal directory Chambers as national leaders in their field:
- Peter Cadman is described as "legendary"
- John Gould is described by Chambers as "highly intelligent and innovative" with an "unsurpassed knowledge of regulatory powers"
- Matt Bosworth is singled out on account of "his challenging and dynamic approach" and the high level of support and advice he provides
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.
If you instruct us on a volume of work and/or can offer us a fixed term contract we may be able to offer discounted hourly rates.
We would be pleased to discuss your requirements free of charge and tailor a costs proposal accordingly.