For advice on who to talk to, call
We advise individuals and organisations on sports law regulatory matters. Our clients include sports governing bodies, clubs, professional sports men and women and amateur sporting organisations, institutions and individuals.
We advise on constitutional regulatory issues including the drafting and interpretation of regulation in relation to sports and governing bodies, including Disciplinary Tribunals and Appeals.
We participate in, and provide legal advice in relation to, Disciplinary and Regulatory Tribunals for professional and amateur sports.
Matters we have dealt with include:
- Federation Internationale D'Escrime (World Fencing Organisation) instructed as legal advisers to the Doping Committee of the World Fencing Organisation in relation to contested doping hearings.
- Honorary legal advisers to the British Fencing Association and Chair of the Disciplinary Committee
- Sitting as Tribunal members on British Fencing grievance procedures and as independent legal advisers to British Fencing Disciplinary Tribunals
- Chair of Barclays Premier League Commissions sitting as the Chair of Commissions or the Premier League as the Premier League representative on Appeal matters.
- Chair of the Greyhound Board of Great Britain Appeal Board, sitting on first instance appeals arising from the disciplinary process.
- Advising the British Water Ski Federation Limited on updating their Memorandum and Articles of Association in relation to their "Not for Profit" status; at the same time advising the organisation on the processes required to update their Disciplinary Procedures. We also advise in respect of various Disciplinary Appeals.
We act for organisations, regulators and individuals in all disciplinary/regulatory proceedings both on behalf of those bringing the action and also in the defence of the accused.
Described in The Legal 500 (2021) as having "a wealth of under-the-radar experience as well as high-profile cases", we "advise across the full range of sporting disputes and club ownership issues, as well as doping." Clients appreciate the fact that we are "discreet and resist the urge to brag about their client base."
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.
If you instruct us on a volume of work and/or can offer us a fixed term contract we may be able to offer discounted hourly rates.
We would be pleased to discuss your requirements free of charge and tailor a costs proposal accordingly.