Katie is a senior associate in the real estate team. She joined Russell-Cooke as a trainee in 2009 and qualified into the real estate team in 2011.
She advises on a wide range of real estate transactions including acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant matters, commercial development and real estate finance. Katie has a particular interest in the retail and leisure sector and has expertise in dealing with high value lettings and complex pre-let agreements.
Her clients include national leisure and fitness operators, developers, pension providers, both off-shore and domestic investors, landlords and tenants.
- Assisted on the acquisition of a shopping centre with over 70 subsidiary interests, achieving exchange and completion within a short deadline
- Acting for a major leisure client as well as a national retailer on new lettings and pre-lets
- Representing a consultancy firm in relocating their head office to a prime London location, involving a complex agreement for lease
- Being part of a team advising on the acquisition of a group of property investment companies which own 99 Kensington High Street, home of the Kensington Roof Gardens
- Representing a pension fund in a multi-million pound acquisition of a long intermediate leasehold interest subject to a major retail letting
- Acting for an offshore investor in the granting of occupational leases and sale of a multi let office building in central London
- Representing a private individual in the refinancing of their substantive mixed use property portfolio
- Acting for institutional landlords in respect of 1954 Act lease renewals as well as tenants
- Member of Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA)
- Studied law at The University of Birmingham