Russell-Cooke's technology and growth team advises businesses in the tech, e-commerce, software, SaaS and IT sectors
Our experience includes:
- commercial contracts and terms of business
- terms of business
- intellectual property registration and protection
- Data GDPR confidentiality information
- corporate affairs.
We have advised web-based businesses across a wide range of fields including retail, gaming, online publications, dating, social networking, business services and rental accommodation.
We offer a one-stop-shop for tech businesses and advise on brand protection and intellectual property (trade marks, domain names and copyright), commercial issues (page ranking and search engine optimisation), regulations (consumer protection), data protection and contract law.
We draft and prepare software licences, SaaS subscription agreements, terms of business, reseller agreements, master services agreements (MSAs) and other contracts for numerous software and IT businesses.
We also assist organisations with IT and outsourcing requirements.
Members of the team frequently comment in the press on issues relating to the tech sector.
Examples of our work include:
- advising on the development of terms and legal models in the UK for 'sharing economy' businesses including onefinestay, JustPark and BlaBlaCar
- developing software licences and SaaS subscription agreements for software businesses in the financial services sector
- advising ad-tech businesses on corporate and commercial affairs
- providing training to start-up entrepreneurs on data protection, consumer regulation, commercial contracts and corporate affairs
- providing webinar training for in-house counsel on developments in technology law
Charges are usually based on our hourly rates plus administrative charges and disbursements. We will provide you with an initial estimate of your likely legal costs and will update this as your requirements or the circumstances of the work change.
We may also be able to offer fixed priced options for clients depending on their budget and the size, type and complexity of the work involved.
We would be pleased to discuss your requirements free of charge and tailor a costs proposal accordingly.
Get in touch
If you would like to speak with a member of the team you can contact our corporate and commercial solicitors by email, by telephone on +44 (0)20 3826 7511 or complete our enquiry form below.
The latest news and insights from our corporate and commercial team
How the Online Safety Act 2023 shapes the future of online services
Beyond the balance sheet—M&A transactions and private company due diligence
Russell-Cooke advises on sale of pioneering developer of autonomous marine vessels